Saturday, March 21, 2015

Play List for Tomorrow's Race!

Tomorrow is the Paddy's Five Miler on the Pease Tradeport;  it was supposed to be held last weekend, but was pushed to this weekend due to a snow storm.  Last weekend, I pictured that I would be running the race in capris and a t-shirt;  I also optimistically thought that the bulk of the snow would be melted.  I am a fool. It's snowing again, and tomorrow's forecast looks like this:



Not horrible, but not expected for temperatures at the end of March!

The race is held in the office area where I work, so I'm used to running the course from my runs at lunch.  It has a somewhat late start (10:30am) because finishers receive a beer at the end of the race! I've only done the race once (back in 2011), and had fun.  I like the 5 mile distance too, it doesn't feel like your lungs are going to explode as much as 5ks do!

I'm excited for tomorrow, and will hopefully be able to recap the race tomorrow!

Now, on to the important things.... (besides my running outfit for tomorrow, which is still yet to be determined because of the weather.)

My playlist!  I love listening to music when I am running in a race, it helps me focus, and helps draw my attention away from any discomfort.
 I did take the time to put together a playlist last night, here's what on the latest list! Let me know if you have anything to add!

Don't knock "Jukebox Hero"...also, I title my playlist "Seacoast 1/2 Marathon Playlist" because I'm too lazy to make a new playlist for each race, I just keep editing my string of songs.
Here are some of the songs for tomorrow:


Other songs include:
  -Shark Attack- Grouplove
 -Right Thurr- Chingy
-Sabotage- Beastie Boys
-Get Low- Lil Jon
-The Man- Ed Sheeran
-Rather Be- Clean Bandit
-Flashed Junk Mind- Milky Chance
-Yellow Flicker Beat- Lorde
-Carry on Phenomenom- Kishi Bashi
-Cigarette Daydreams-Cage the Elephant
-White Winter Hymnal- Fleet Foxes






No comments:

Post a Comment