Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stitch Fix #5 (and Guest Post @HappyFitMama)

The Winning Outfit, with some majorly drab lighting: Dark skinny jeans, a chevron-print tank and drop earrings.


I got my fifth StitchFix in the mail today, I look forward to receiving my Stitch Fix every month and was so excited to hear that I had a package waiting at home!
  I didn't waste a lot of time in opening up the clothes, and trying everything.  As a nice plus, someone used my referral link (whoever it was, thank you so much!)- and I got a $25 credit!

The first outfit that I tried on was the one pictured above, dark Kenzie skinny jeans and a chevron-print sleeveless top.  The jeans fit perfectly, and were a little more tailored than the ones I usually wear.  Stitch Fix seems to really like sending me chevron prints- this is the third chevron print I have received, I ended up keeping it because I liked the color. Plus, it would look cute under a navy blue blazer in the Fall/Winter.  I think I've reached my chevron print quota in my closet for the next ten years. 

  Next, I tried on a white, long-sleeved button silk/polyester that had large prints of leaves?  I'm not sure what it was...it wasn't working for me.  It also was huge in some places, and bunched up in other places.  I did receive a pair of dangly, gold earrings in this month's box.  I usually never wear gold jewelry, but I ended up liking the earrings.

   

Finally, I pulled out a giant, burgundy, very warm cardigan.  It was HUGE on me, I could see how it would be really comfortable in the Winter, but when I tried it on, Neil asked if I was going to a Fleetwood Mac revival concert. No offense to Fleetwood Mac...

Again, not a great or clear picture...but the cardigan, combined with the leaf print shirt wasn't winning votes in this house.

I ended up keeping the jeans, tank and earrings!

In running related news, I did a guest blog at my friend and marathon coach's blog.  Check her blog out!  Thanks Angela!

It's almost the long weekend- yay!! Maybe it will be a chevron print Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Kenzie jeans! I kept mine from my last fix too. What's wrong with a little Stevie Nicks? :)

    ReplyDelete