Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stitch Fix #5 (and Guest Post @HappyFitMama)

The Winning Outfit, with some majorly drab lighting: Dark skinny jeans, a chevron-print tank and drop earrings.


I got my fifth StitchFix in the mail today, I look forward to receiving my Stitch Fix every month and was so excited to hear that I had a package waiting at home!
  I didn't waste a lot of time in opening up the clothes, and trying everything.  As a nice plus, someone used my referral link (whoever it was, thank you so much!)- and I got a $25 credit!

The first outfit that I tried on was the one pictured above, dark Kenzie skinny jeans and a chevron-print sleeveless top.  The jeans fit perfectly, and were a little more tailored than the ones I usually wear.  Stitch Fix seems to really like sending me chevron prints- this is the third chevron print I have received, I ended up keeping it because I liked the color. Plus, it would look cute under a navy blue blazer in the Fall/Winter.  I think I've reached my chevron print quota in my closet for the next ten years. 

  Next, I tried on a white, long-sleeved button silk/polyester that had large prints of leaves?  I'm not sure what it was...it wasn't working for me.  It also was huge in some places, and bunched up in other places.  I did receive a pair of dangly, gold earrings in this month's box.  I usually never wear gold jewelry, but I ended up liking the earrings.

   

Finally, I pulled out a giant, burgundy, very warm cardigan.  It was HUGE on me, I could see how it would be really comfortable in the Winter, but when I tried it on, Neil asked if I was going to a Fleetwood Mac revival concert. No offense to Fleetwood Mac...

Again, not a great or clear picture...but the cardigan, combined with the leaf print shirt wasn't winning votes in this house.

I ended up keeping the jeans, tank and earrings!

In running related news, I did a guest blog at my friend and marathon coach's blog.  Check her blog out!  Thanks Angela!

It's almost the long weekend- yay!! Maybe it will be a chevron print Labor Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Kenzie jeans! I kept mine from my last fix too. What's wrong with a little Stevie Nicks? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian Louboutin pumps are designed with unique and fashional design, which has gained so many people being the fans of Christian Louboutin, they brought many people more confidence and wonderful in their life time.
    Christian Louboutin 12 CM Silver Patent Leather Silver Spike Pumps
    Christian Louboutin 12CM Black Patent Leather Wavy pointed Pumps
    Christian Louboutin 12cm Black Patent Leather Heart pointed pumps
    http://www.clouboutinpumpsmall.com

    ReplyDelete